Privacy- en cookiepolicy
1. What are Cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can recognise you when you revisit and remember certain information about you. This can include which pages you have visited, choices you have made from menus, any specific information you have entered into forms and the time and date of your visit.
2. Types of Cookies
There are two main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire at the end of a browser session; that is, when you leave the site. Session cookies allow the website to recognise you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use the website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online shopping basket.
- Persistent cookies: in contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your equipment between browsing sessions until expiry or deletion. They therefore enable the website to "recognise" you on your return remember your preferences and tailor services to you.
In addition to session cookies and persistent cookies, there may be other cookies which are set by the website which you have chosen to visit, such as this website, in order to provide us or third parties with information.
We currently use, and may use in the future, the following types of cookies on this website.
We use session cookies to:
- help us maintain security and verify your details whilst you use the website as you navigate from page to page, which enables you to avoid having to re-enter your details each time you enter a new page.
We use persistent cookies to:
- help us recognise you as a unique user when you return to our website so that you do not have to input your details multiple times as you move between our pages or services
- remember how you have customised your use of this site, such as your preferred currency and time zone
- collect and compile anonymous, aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use the website and help us improve the structure of our website.
In accordance with the Netherlands Personal data Protection Act (Wbp), Tromp Bakery Equipment is responsible for processing personal data collected via this website. This Act helps protect the privacy of citizens and also applies to personal data that is collected via the Internet. Personal data means the information that can be traced to an individual, for example a name, home address or an e-mail address. Processing includes the gathering, recording, organising and storage of personal data.
Tromp Bakery Equipment records data relating to the use of this website. Amongst other things, this involves numbers of visitors, pages viewed and the properties of the web browsers used. The personal data are for internal use and are not disclosed to third parties or organisations for commercial purposes. When visiting our website, small simple files (‘cookies’) are sent for this purpose and these are stored on the visitor’s computer.
We can also place ‘tracking cookies’ on your computer. We use these cookies to keep a record of the pages you view so that we can build up a profile of your online navigation. This profile is not linked to your name, address, e-mail address or suchlike.
These cookies allow us to gather information about visits to our website and the use of our services such as portals. By using this data Tromp Bakery Equipment is able to develop, improve and adapt the website to meet the needs of users.
Tromp Bakery Equipment retains the right to amend the text of this privacy statement in response to new developments. Please therefore consult this text regularly when visiting our website.